Friday, June 12, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


Recently I was nominated twice for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! So I would like to thank Becca and Bethany of Clever Bunnies and Paige of Sunday Best and All the Rest for their nominations!!
I would like to echo what Paige mentioned on her post, I do not endorse the film or books of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants which this logo and award name are inspired by.





Rules: 
1.      Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.

2. Put the Award logo on your blog.

3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.

4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.

5. Nominate ten blogs.

I apologize for the weird format. I don't know what is up with my computer and/or blogger right now.

Becca and Bethany's questions:

1.  If you were stranded on an island with a box, what would you want to be in that box?
A note on a map of the island that says, "Haha, gotcha! You're not stranded! Just on the other side of this small island is an airport and plane full of fuel and just inspected to take you back home."

2. Do you like to go camping, and if so, where do you prefer to sleep? (ie. tent, camper, cabin, under the stars.)
Yes, I like it pretty well. I'd have to say that I prefer a tent. I've never camped in a camper or under the stars and I don't really consider a staying in a cabin camping.

3. What's the craziest thing you've ever cooked/baked?
Nothing too crazy. Once I made brownies and topped them with marshmallows, graham crackers, and melted chocolate chips...delicious!!




4. What's the last movie you saw in theaters? The Sound of Music




5. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you chose? Probably a dog. I miss both my dogs since getting married and moving away.




6. Favorite flavor to combine with chocolate? (ie. coffee, rspberry, coconut, carmel...) Orange!!!!

7.  If you were zapped back in time, where would you hope to end up and what one thing would you want with you?
Definitely 1940s I think. But maybe just after the war. I'd want my husband with me. So probably post war 1940s.



8. Do you sing along to the radio?  Yes, well, with my CDs in the car. I very rarely listen to the radio unless I can find a classic, (30s-40s) station or a Christian station playing hymns.




9. Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they?  I don't really have any now. In school some of my friends called me Jillian. My name is just Jill, not Jillian, but I answered to that anyway.




10. You are all alone in your house and you hear a strange noise, what do you do next?  I would sit and wait to hear if it happens again.

Paige's Questions:

1. Have you ever been in a choir or other singing group?
Yes, I was in choir in school from 6th through 12th grade and in select choir (auditioned) for one of those years. I only auditioned one year...I just got way too nervous. I was also in most of the school musical during high school. Does that count as a singing group?

2. Do you have any strange or unusual talents (e.g. wiggling ears, yodeling)?
 I can wiggle my ears, touch my tongue with my nose, my fingers are double jointed so I can bend them backwards pretty far, and I can put my legs over my shoulders then push myself up so that I can swing on my hands...did that description make any sense?

3. Do you find wombats cute and cuddly? 
Not really. I mean, they look cute enough, but I don't think I'd want to cuddle one at all. They look like ground hogs or gophers to me which are just nuisances in most cases and I don't like the way the name wombat sounds. And i seriously didn't think that up on the spot. I've always felt that way. Haha!

4. What was the last song you heard?
 Toot, Toot, Tootsie Goodbye ~Judy Garland. 

5. What were you very happy to accomplish last year?
 Wedding prep in less than two months. I had a lot of help for which I am forever grateful!!

6. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
 Finding my niche in online business.

7. Given the choice, would you rather have someone over for dinner tomorrow or go to someone else's house for dinner?
 I would rather go to someone else's house. Assuming I were living in my own house, currently not, I would get myself all worked up about the responsibility of preparing, and serving a meal that my guests would hopefully enjoy.

8.  If you could be a pen-pal or e-pal with someone from any nation, what country would you choose (it can't be a country in which you already have a friend)?
 Scotland I guess. I have friends on the UK, but not specifically in Scotland. I think it would be fun to find a distant relative that still lives there and communicate back and forth. 

9. What is one thing you disliked doing as a child and now enjoy doing as a teen or adult?
 Making the bed. I have to make the bed everyday. Some days I take longer getting around to it than others but I love how it looks when all the blankets are nice and neat and flat.

10. Has blogging changed you as a person? If so, how?
I want to say that it hasn't really changed me, but I think it has at least a little. Actually having an outlet for creativity and even just a small group of readers that cares about what I have to say has given me a good confidence boost. I always used to be pretty shy and I like to think that I've somewhat overcome that since I started blogging.

My Nominations:
Iris- The Blue Birdhouse
Julia- Writing for His Glory
Bree- Cover Upfor Christ
Blaze Ann- Proverbs 31 Beauty
Natasha- A Modest Fashion Blog
Sarah- All Things Vintage
Eden- Eden’s Evaluations
Cassie and Rebekah- Calico Sisters
Anneliese- TheYoung Sewphisticate

My Questions:
1.      What was your favorite toy to play with growing up?
2.      If you could try any sport you’ve never played, what would it be?
3.      In what kind of setting is your dream house located?
4.      What is the last color nail polish that you painted your toes?
5.      If you could change one thing about your blog that is beyond your control, what would it be?
6.      What is something you would like to be better about doing by this time next year?
7.      Have you ever help rescue a sick or injured animal?
8.      You wake up in the morning and open your eyes, what is the next thing you do?
9.      If you had to choose between never smiling again or always having a bad hair day, which would you choose?
10.  If you could call one person right now and tell them you love them, who would you call?

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am participating!
    http://thebluebirdhouse.blogspot.de/2015/06/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award.html

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you participated, Iris! I have read your post and I'm going to be catching up on commenting tonight. :)

      Delete
  2. Oops, I double nominated you. Thanks for doing both! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    For Bethany and Becca's questions ~ #1 is YES! Good answer. #4, of course! ;) #6 is also yummy.
    For my questions ~ If I saw you do the answer to question #2 I might shudder a lot, but it's a cool talent nevertheless. ;) #5 is a great accomplishment and I like your answer for #10. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very surprised and flattered to be double nominated! Feel free to double nominate me anytime lol!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Jill, thank you so much for thinking of me!! This is my blog's first ever award and I'm so honored that it came from you! Thanks again, Anneliese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Anneliese!! Your blog is definitely award worthy!

      Delete
  4. Your answers are so fun Jill!

    I love your answer to what you would like to find in that box! Ha! A plane to escape on sounds like a good thing. Your brownies experiment sounds delicious, and it would be hard to go wrong with watching the Sound of Music!

    It's funny that while those of us with longer names get our names shortened, your friends actually lengthened your name to Jillian! I've heard of some people who are able to touch their noses with their tongues, but I'm not one of them! I do have a friend whose double jointed as well...how she can bend her thumb back over her hand is...shocking! You sound pretty flexible!

    All the best in your goal in finding your niche in online business. Finding a long lost relative in Scotland would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Bethany! Glad you enjoyed this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!